Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
Skanzen Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, Palackého 147, 756 61 Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
Tel. +420 571 757 111
Part of the Moravian town Rožnov pod Radhoštěm established before 1267 near a Medieval castle from the 13th century is the museum of Moravian shepherds. Its origin is connected with the names of Alois Jaroněk, Jaroslav Jaroněk and Jiří Fiala who started building it since 1924 as an open air museum of the popular architecture of the Moravian shepherds, the oldest museum of this type in the Czech countries. The first buildings have been moved here from the square of Rožnov. The museum was further extended in the 60's when a village of Moravian shepherds grew up on the slope behind the town from buildings brought in from the area of timbered houses.