<Muzeum a galerie severního Plzeňska, klášter Mariánská Týnice
Tel. +420 373 396 410
An important church was built here (at a site inhabited by the Cistercians in the 13th century) as late as the 17th century, at the end of which an individual provostship was established here. In 1711 Abbot Eugen Tyttle laid the foundation stone of the future pilgrimage Church of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary, designed by Jan Blažej Santini. The church, constructed in the Greek isosceles cross plan with a central square area was finally finished in 1768. After the dissolution of the monastery in Plasy (1785) the premises passed into the administration of the Religious Fund, and in 1826 it became the possession of the Metternichs.
Today there is the Museum and Gallery of the Northern Plzen with permanent exhibitions together with ethnographic and art history collections.