Informační centrum Plzeň
Tel. +420 377 032 750
The city was established around 1295 at the confluence of the rivers Mže and Radbuza by the Czech king Wenceslaus II. It was however preceded by a Slavonic walled settlement in nearby Starý Plzenec. The shape of the city was designed generously with a large square and regularly measured blocks of houses. In the center of the square of Plzen grew in the 14th century a monumental building of archdeacon church of St. Bartholomew. Even before that the Minorite monastery with the church of Ascension of Virgin Mary was established in the southeastern part of the city. The most beautiful building on the square is the town hall from 1554 - 1559.