Informační centrum, Mírové nám., Litoměřice
Tel. +420 416 732 440
The historical center of Litoměřice forms an impressive architectonic unit. Its historical part
is predominantly influenced by Renaissance burgess buildings which are accompanied with Gothic
objects subsequently growing in Baroque style (houses and fountains, Plague column from 1680-1685
by G. Broggio and A. Wald). The houses surrounding the town square have old, complicated and deep
cellars even many storeyed ones. A part of the underground is reconstructed and open to public.
An old Town Hall from the end of the 14th century is a dominant of the square. In
1537-1539 afer a fire, this building was reconstructed in Renaissance style. The district museum
is placed in the interior at present. In rich collections there is an outstanding "Gradual of
Litoměřice" from the beginning of the 16th century.