Státní hrad Hukvaldy, 739 46 Hukvaldy
Tel. +420 558 699 323
The castle is first mentioned as early as 1285. In the following four centuries the Olomouc bishops extended Hukvaldy into a mighty fortress with five cannon bastions, which proved itself as a stronghold during a Danish blockade and double siege by the Swedes in the last phase of the Thirty Years War. After the fire in 1762 the castle was dilapidating. Nowadays it is a partially reconstructed castle ruin, one of the biggest in the Czech Republic.