Správa hradu Helftın, 751 31 Tın nad Beèvou
Tel. +420 581 797 093, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally a rather small castle without towers was founded by the robbing knight Fridu of Linava after
1306. The king Jan Lucemburskı took the castle away from him. The nobility of Kravaøe and Sovinec
extended Helftın substantially before the end of the century. Other extensions and in particular mighty
fortifications were made by Vilém of Perntejn and his son Jan. The effectiveness of the fortification
system was apparent during the unsuccessful siege by the Hungarians in 1468 and the Swedes during the
Thirty Years War.
At the end of the 18th century Helftın was abandoned, but ever since the 19th century an effort was
put forth for its preservation. Among cultural events held every year at the castle, the meeting of art
smiths has achieved international fame. Many of their works are permanently exhibited at the castle.