Státní zámek Třeboň, 379 01 Třeboň
Tel. +420 384 721 193
Třeboň was established sometime at the beginning of the 13th century during which the original
settlement grew into a small town with a fortified yard. In 1367 the Rosenbergs founded the
monastery in Třeboň with the church of St. Jiljí. Approximately during this period the
stronghold on the southwestern side of the town gradually changed into a small castle which
was then considerably expanded before the beginning of the 16th century.
Antonio Ericer built a four winged manor on the sites of the walls of the castle. Before
1602 when the last of the Rosenberg family Petr Vok moved from Český Krumlov to Třeboň,
architect Domenico Cometta managed to heighten and extend the manor and decorated its facade
by sgraffiti rustic work.
Among the Renaissance interiors stands out the so called Courtier Room with high vault and 32
blazons of the courtiers of Petr Vok.