Zámek Lužany, 334 54 Lužany u Přeštic
Tel. +420 377 982 452
Lužany is an example of a very rare situation, where the manor's architect built it for
himself. It occurred between 1886 - 1887. We add for accuracy that a rather small
Renaissance manor used to already stand on the its site, modified by the Earl B. K.
Schönborn at the beginning of the 19th century. However, in the aforementioned years Josef
Hlávka, the master builder, architect and Maecenas, rebuilt it thoroughly but an evidently
struggled to accomplish the Renaissance appearance of the new building and, in effect, of
all sections of the manor. The owner then entertained prominent representatives of Czech
artistic life of that period during his residence. The building is closed to the public.