Zámek Lešná, 763 14 Zlín, tel. +420 577 914 180
In 1724, Count Johann Friedrich Seilern-Aspang took possession of Lukov Castle and its large
estate. The Seilerns left the castle at the end of the 18th century, and built a more
comfortable dwelling-a chateau-for their sojourns on the estate. At the close of the 19th
century, the owners ceased to be satisfied with the chateau and Franz Josef Seilern decided
to build another one. The new chateau became the main seat of the Seilern family who owned
it until 1945. The chateau was built in a mix of historical styles in the years 1877-1894.
The chateau exhibits bear witness to the atmosphere and the high standard of living of
an aristocratic residence at the end of the 19th century. The chateau is surrounded by a
large English park with rare-wood tress, and offers a leisurely stroll in the area around
the chateau (30 hectares). The park and vicinity serve today as a zoological garden holding
more than 200 species of animals.