Státní zámek Hrubý Rohozec, 511 01 Turnov
Tel. +420 481 321 012, e-mail: email@example.com
The original castle with a separately standing prismatic tower and connected with the castle by a
protective wall, was built around the beginning of the 14th century. Jan of Šelmberk and then
Kunrát Krajíř of Krajk built between both of the mentioned parts late Gothic palaces, so that by
1516 Hrubý Rohozec achieved its present ground plan. After 1600, the Vartenberks changed it by
raising and partial rebuilding it into a Renaissance manor.
In 1621 it was bought by Albrecht of
Valdštejn, later it passed over to Desfours' lineage of French origin, who possessed it until 1945.
After 1822 the Czech architect, Jan F. Joendl, provided the castle with a Classicist rustic
pargeting and modernized its interior. Later adaptations in the middle of 19th century gave the
manor its present appearance.
In the interior there is the outstanding dining room, others outline the trends of
dwelling and clothing from Renaissance up to Czech Art Nouveau.