Hradec nad Moravicí
Státní zámek Hradec nad Moravicí, 747 41 Hradec nad Moravicí
Tel. +420 553 783 444
As early as the 9th century the Slavs built a fortified center here, replaced by a princely
site of a walled in settlement and in the second half of 13th century by a stone castle. Before
the end of the 16th century Kašpar Pruskovský z Pruskova launched a substantial rebuilding of
the Medieval castle, but it was finished only after the Thirty Years War. In 1778 the estate
was passed over to prince Lichnovský, who rebuilt the castle in the then fashionable Empirical
style after 1796.
In the second half of the 19th century F. Handel built an extension, known as the Red castle,
reminiscent of an old German Medieval castle and a White tower, which closed the whole premises
off from the south side.
The interior of the four winged castle on the tour route, arranged after 1861, are reminiscent
not only of the period of prince Lichnovský, but also of stays of prominent personages of the
music world, such as Ludwig van Beethoven, N. Paganini and F. Liszt.